Saturday, January 23, 2010

Vino,Vidi,Vici

I happened to be in a specialty wine shop.Not exactly exciting for me until...
I saw a label called The Love Grass Wine which reminded me of a friend ! Even the letters were so happy and colorful. I lurked around the aisle which had all the delicious juices,jams,crackers, and other goodies to rot your teeth.Managed to find a non-rotting one,a fig spread with only fruit sweetening.The Nutella was crying out but I resisted.Oh, I also got lemons for the sore throat.Right now I'm cooking garbanzo beans.I fry them at medium for a long time, until they are nice and crunchy,nearly burnt.They are for a family friend who is going to the Philippines tomorrow.
First carrot cake was going to be made for her.Then we found out her daughter's birthday is on Sunday.I argued that two cakes in two days is a bit much.Then scones.But I refuse to cook with real butter, shortening,and other waist enhancing delicacies.
So garbanzos fritos it is.
They taste awfully nice with ketchup and avocado.
Try them!

-Heat burner to medium
-in the skillet put a lot of olive oil and garbanzo beans
-sprinkle oregano on top if you have some (I always forget this ingredient at the store!)
-ALWAYS USE A MESH SPLATTER GUARD.BURNING OIL HURTS!
-turn down to medium/low when they start to pop
-stir every ten minutes or so, until they are evenly browned and crunchy
-(optional step)consume with avocado and ketchup while watching your favorite old movie

Enjoy!

No comments: