Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What It's Like To Be Me


I had a request to write like what it's like to be me (using a very different description than I would use for myself).I would characterize myself as a classic vata, if you are familiar with Ayurvedic  doshas.Vatas are winter creatures, the most sensitive, have dry skin (right now my hand is bothering me), passionate, in tune with nature, have a petite frame, and creative.I do thrive in this "winter" climate of low 60s, it's not so fun to live in a tropical climate where you sweat 9 months out of the year.I love to create things, cartoons,watercolor paintings,crocheting,ideas and desgins.But I am perpetually shy and self conscious.I think a lot of that has to do with my name, which is actually the Croatian word for "secret."Maybe I believe in it more than is needed.I've always felt different my whole life, even when I was 4 years old and would sit on the swings by myself.I was never interested in being part of the loud gaggle of kids playing, I wanted  to read and draw and dig for earth worms.
As I've gotten older, I've met more people who are similar to me.We are very in tune with lunar cycles, literature, spirituality, yoga, and all the things I kind of hid.I have been finding more and more clues about that past life before mine as human, which was some sort of big cat (probably jaguar).Indeed I do relate to cats very well,except for the killing of birds.
well my hands are cold,my tea is waiting, have to eat and make lunch,shower and dress and get on the move to a painting class.

No comments: