Friday, February 12, 2010

Panic in my head!!!

Ok so last night as I was trying to get to sleep, all of a sudden I remembered that I had forgotten to retrieve my oil panting of the opihi shell from my studio room on campus.How stupid! The professor gave it an A and liked it so much that she wanted to show it to some classes and hang on to it for a day.Well I panicked in my bed,ruining my whole concept of keeping the bed room quiet and calm and only for sleep.I can't believe I forgot it!I rushed out of the bed and sent a frantic email to the professor.It took me a long time to get to sleep.I was awoken yet again by the cat prowling around my window wanting to be fed.Then I heard the garbage truck.In a true homage to my mother and her days of rushing out with the trash in her long billowing nightgown in our Seattle days, I rushed out in my sleep attire: old green sweater with pastel colored cotton thermal top and bright red fleece pants.I missed it! But before that I had to break up a cat brawl (always started by the mean neurotic one who howls for food endlessly ) with a mug of water. 
That over with, I have my morning digestive cleaning aid which my cousin does too: squirting part of a lemon in tepid water.After that I scurry over to the computer, quite sure that my professor will not check the computer for 3 days like most art professors seem to do.But I am wrong! 
Dear Tajna, it ran, something along the terse lines of , I asked to borrow your work for some time and I have it in my office.
WHEW!
RELIEF!
Boy do I get over excited like my parents.....

No comments: