Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Long Chat


A long chat on the phone would be nice right now.I love to talk on the phone when I'm getting all snuggled into me bed.I am relaxed and winding out...but then things always pop into my mind in the most random way.I haven't had a bed chat in a LONG time.Much too long.It's windy now, so nice.It was only 60 yesterday morning,which is so exciting for me.I wish it'd stay that cool all day long..but hey that's a bit much to ask of the tropics, right? sheesh!
I wanted to get edamame today,but I never eat them.There's still a bag of them sitting in the freezer.Pathetic! I tend not to eat much sometimes.I had crunchy cereal for breakfast, a smoothie and then fried garbanzo beans with broccoli and avocado for lunch...and I wasn't that hungry for dinner.I just had some rye bread with Earth Balance.Dinner is supposed to be your smallest meal anyway folks,if you follow your Ayurvedic dosha.I do a little bit.No beans on toast for my dinner.It reminds me how BAD and expensive British food is.Not to offend any of you...but it IS.Puddings,tarts,baked potatoes, I mean where are the fruit and veg? But I do like the stores there. Not as much as the Natuur Winkel in the Netherlands though.mmmm what a tea selection! 
I got some incense today and (more vital) an incense holder thing.FINALLY. I like to burn it while I take a bath.
SHOOT! I just remembered my midterm tomorrow.I didn't review enough.But I'm not going to stay up late and cram.I'll bet there are at least 4 classmates doing that now! No no I'll just do a light bit of it tomorrow morning after yoga.Yes yes.I realized early on that cramming is my enemy.I try to keep up with my studying but if I don't,I start reviewing a week before the exam/test/midterm.This time I forgot.I was busy devouring a book on the beyuls.And art history you really cannot rush.Either you know it or you don't.I had a quiz in this class on Monday,a slide id quiz.First let me emphasize I've never studied Asian art before.I'm all steeped in Renaissance and tribal art! So it's a huge change for me.It's really a lot harder to tell styles and regions apart...like if you line up people from China,Korea,Japan,Thailand and Malaysia.It puts you in a pickle
So I should really get to sleep.Get to my anxiously waiting Water Pik,Vladimir.But I'm on a writing roll here,oh dear! Vladimir reminds me of Nosferatou for some reason.Which reminds me how damn slow Netflix is.How does something take 3 days to get from the city to where I live? Because it's the locals who work there! 
What would I like? This it what I would like, if I could do go through with all my decisions all of a sudden:
-drop out of UH, switch to Evergreen or UW
-build up a writing/art portfolio and get an income from that
-after all that, when I actually have more than 4 digits in my account, go on a belated trip to Scotland,Paris,St.Petersburg and Switzerland...ending up in Croatia for at least 3 months
-have to settle somewhere after that ....maybe in Seattle or Croatia
-be in a place and a situation where I don't have to depend on a city for the things that most of us do
-have an Abyssinian cat companion 
-live in a way using as little man made resources and electricity as possible.
But for now, I have to get to sleep!

No comments: