Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Noni and Me




So this day was VERY long.Was tossing and turning all night long,but I did drag myself out of bed and go to campus.Painting feverishly. It was supposed to be a bold brushstroke painting, and I really accomplished that.Finding three different tones for each color and using a lot of paint and thick strokes was FUN.I love to slab on a lot of paint! I tried to do realistically correct stripes, but I gave up and made them large smears of the three shades of black and white. Was going to go for a blue background but Fraulein Kane stepped in and told me to a butter yellow one instead. Of course I didn't like the idea at the time, but it added a lot of light to the painting.Never ignore your elders! Sure you can disagree with them, but it's always important to listen to others' opinions.
I didn't really have a chance to eat a solid lunch,just a NAKED blueberry smoothie, so I was famished when I got back.Made my favorite vegetable grain spaghetti with fried garbanzo beans and roasted pine nuts. I was so full I had to wait two hours before doing sit ups and abdominal exercises and some yoga poses, then I went for a nice,brisk yet gentle walk.I collected a noni fruit, with the intention of drinking the juice.
NO WAY.NOOO WAY.That stuff,as magical as it may be for your health, is extremely rancid,putrid and strong.I scrubbed it on my face instead. Someday!
I've been working a lot on my breathing in yoga..sometimes it's painful when new people are in class and jumping to try to do EVERY POSE.They don't follow Ujayyi, the traditional breathing (through the nose and in the throat) at all, so they are losing the whole meaning of the series!
Here are some of my favorite poses.DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THESE!

No comments: