Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Morning Morning!


This is what I feel like right now: hyper and happy and well rested.I don't drink caffeine at all! I didn't feel so well yesterday, had too much olive and roughage over the weekend.So I had a nice calming soup for dinner,made peppermint tea and then made another dinner for the others. Then I went for a long walk because I came home with a migraine and didn't exercise at all, just my usual ab stuff and weights.
Oh the weight exercises are really good for your core,that's the only reason I do them.Who cares if your muscles are visible or not ?!
So I have 5 pound weights,actually 3 pounds is supposed to be the best weight for women to use without making their muscles bulky.I found one under my bed...oh well.
Anyway hold one weight in each hand and stand in tree pose, one leg ABOVE your knee,not resting on or against your knee.Extend your arms(holding the weights) behind,hold for five counts,and come back to starting posture.Do this eight times,then switch legs.
The other exercise is to lie down,preferably on a towel,you never know what's on the floor. Pick up the weights again. Extend your chest and legs upward and contract your abs, hold for five counts,and come back to the starting posture.Repeat seven times.
I found these great exercises in a issue of Shape,there were all these varied exercises combining yoga and weights.These are the only ones that have stuck with me for two years! The others were things such as doing a version of Triangle pose with the weights,which bothered my back. When I am traveling I try to remember to do these with cans of soup or beans, or even medium weight books.
I do them two or three times a week, it's important to change your routine every day.If you do sit ups every day, the muscles become too used to them and they aren't stimulated at all.I tried to explain this to my father, who also does them the wrong way.He uses his biceps to lift up his chest when does sit ups, so his abs don't get used at all. Don't ever try to give advice to men about working out is all I can say.It's like I insulted him...
Who ever said women were the weaker sex?!

No comments: