Thursday, March 4, 2010

Power Up!


I want to recommend to one and all to try a few days of mainly fresh fruits,steamed vegetables for lunches and dinners! It's amazing how light,clear headed,energetic and happy you feel! Well,that's just my reaction,but I think most would have a similar one to mine.If I could,I'd have fruit in the morning, but I need a meal to get me going,so it's usually a flax corn cranberry cereal or oatmeal.I was looking forward to using the food processor but apparently the order didn't go through.Annoying. But I really have been loving sauteed kale with quinoa and fresh avocado.Mmm!
 A great and much needed snack is a spoonful of Maranatha peanut butter.I used to have it with apples until I did some research into Ayurvedic diets and discovering that Vata,the most sensitive and which pertains to me, is not supposed to have apples.They make you very light and kind of throw things off kilter.If I could have any snack, it'd be a vegan blueberry cheesecake.Now that's delicious!
Another benefit about being vegan is your fat and cholesterol intake is very low.I've been having roasted pine nuts because I don't really get any fat, except Earth Balance, and you do need a little good fat in you. Both my parents have slightly high LDL cholesterol, so that is something I need to watch out for later on.It may be partly genetic and not be controllable, but I think that not consuming dairy/high fat products can positively affect it as well.
Off to make dinner!
YUM YUM 

1 comment:

Oakleaf Organic said...

so nice to be gently advised, even if someone is ever so far away!!!