Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hello Wind and Rain,We Meet Again

I was SO excited to hear we were going to have another storm! HOO HA!
And in celebration I composed a song to the tune of  The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel:

Hello, wind, my old friend
it seems that we meet again
I have put on my running shoes
this will take away my mid term blues

In the sheets of rain I ran alone
I learned more than at home
Because the redness of my cheeks
Has been a highlight these last few weeks

Oh I don't how I lasted so long without you
Rain and wind, wind and rain
Please stop by soon again
Because without you
this island is a humid hellhole.

TA DA!
and I did run in the sheets of rain and wind it is such a wonderful endurance workout.I'm reading some stories by Richard Brautigan,that man is SO HILARIOUS!

"I saw thousands of pumpkins last night 
come floating in on the tide, 
bumping up against the rocks and 
rolling up on the beaches; 
it must be Halloween in the sea"


"This morning I saw a coyote walking through the sagebrush right at the very edge of the ocean ― next stop China. The coyote was acting like he was in New Mexico or Wyoming, except that there were whales passing below. That’s what this country does for you. Come down to Big Sur and let your soul have some room to get outside its marrow." 

No comments: