Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Met An Orca!


well not the kind of Orca you are thinking of,which most people call a killer whale, which is a huge untrue stereotype to begin with!
I went for a 5:50 am walk to collect flowers to make a friend a lei for her graduation party today! I meandered sleepily, scouting puakenikeni trees. I got perhaps fifteen, because the recycling truck was going up and down the streets, people were awake and rushing them out. I don't feel right seizing flowers if the people are RIGHT there. Plus I had a plastic bag and it kept flapping in the wind, annoying me. That's one thing that has ALWAYS irked me, unnecessary sounds and noise, which people seem to excel at on this island.
But anywho, on my way back I was walking down the street adjacent to my street, and THE HUSKY was heading up the street! I ALWAYS miss the Husky because her walks are either really early or really late! But today I met her! She has BEAUTIFUL icy blue eyes, is so soft and friendly. Most people are afraid of Huskies , but when you have that fear the dog picks up on right away. So it's important to be calm around dogs. Her name is Orca, and I wanted to frolic with her and bury my head in her soft ruff.
I met Huskies once before, in San Francisco. Headed back from a crepe dinner, I spotted two gorgeous Huskies outside a cafe, watching their human companions through the glass eat dinner. They looked comfy and happy, and I couldn't resist myself that long! I scampered happily up to them, sat on my haunches and sniffed noses with them. We curiously exchanged scents and I happily petted their soft fur. It was love at first sight for me. I believe that Huskies are such intuitive,strong, vibrant and loving animals...THEY SHOULD NOT BE FOR SALE, THEY ARE NOT DISPOSABLE OBJECTS!
I am so glad to have met Orca.

No comments: