Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What Say You,Chair? and feet?


I say,what say you chair and feet?
Been hopping in and out of chairs and on and off my feet nonstop these past two days.Start of the new semester. Not all books bought. Already been really sick,gotten better, met a friend, another friend never showed up, yoga this morning, crazy gross body odor when I was sick, nice to be able to be the only person to identify a Northern Renaissance art Madonna and Child painting from the 15th century in Art Historical Methodology, plus the Shanameh. Ahem ahem. C'mon, all of you in Art History, where are your image identifying skills? Pictorial memory is very important, style memorization, picking up on written languages as well.I may not be fluent in Farsi, but I sure can identify it.
Yet of course feeling lonely. I am a happy person, but not happy to live here,however it's the cheapest and most economical to just stick it out and THEN go to my green city of happiness. And how much I will enjoy it!
I got a Kurt Vonnegut at the bookstore,MAN is he funny! He got me through a very long hour of lost syllabi, sore throat, fever and the general overwhelming feeling I encounter the first day of every semester. So many people on the campus all of a sudden, it always throws me, and I don't really like people staring at me.EVER. Perhaps you ought to find your classroom,unplug your stupid ipod iphone,CONNECT with reality instead.
ok enough of tired,sweaty rant. Eyeing large pile of readings for English Studies and Shakespeare that I must finish tonight.Have to watch a 54 minute Obama speech at Cairo University from last year.Do I have an extra 54 minutes?
we shall see...

No comments: