Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rain Down On Me

I LOVE rainy days. I always have.Perhaps this is due to living in the tropics for so long,where rainy days,although not rare, are always treasured by me.I can layer clothes, sweat comes less freely, cook in the coolness, and take moist walks.

Well today it’s been raining all day long.The deck was slippery and cold so I did yoga in my room.The wood stove was lit, and I put on wool tights under my normal clothes.The trip to the farmer’s market was conducted in a heavy Norwegian wool sweater, and I scampered quickly from tent to tent. I had to bag my library books in plastic bags, or else damage would ensue!

Upon returning, I heated up black bean soup, steamed broccoli and kale, and ate them with vegan pesto.Afterwards, I made cornbread and had some warm with Earth Balance vegan buttery spread and more pesto.Then the fun began..

I layered on old long johns,yoga top,fleece parka, ski pants,thick wool socks, and Wellington boots,then headed put for my daily walk/hike. Little rivulets were flowing everywhere,and I could see my breath, very exciting indeed! I picked blackberries along the way, and for once I didn’t have to rinse the dust off them!

Little birds in their dry, tree caches twittered and chirped happily.

And I am happy,too.

No comments: