Monday, June 7, 2010

Tripping




So in two days I will get on a plane at 6:40 am, and fly to Los Angeles. Then I dally for three hours there, board another plane for Frankfurt, have three hours there (see why I am bringing my yoga mat!), then a flight to Zagreb, then an hour, and the final flight to Dubrovnik.
Darn tooting. DERN tooting!
So my backpack is stuffed with Refresh tea, Stomach Ease tea, Roobios tea, Echinacea Immune Support tea- tea is especially important when you are traveling. You whole digestive system is RUINED every time you dislodge yourself from your natural time zone and habitat! And warm tea is something that not only soothes and calms your stomach, but also the warmth soothes your nerves and mind as well. Another plus is if you enjoy the whole tea ritual-sitting and drinking at a calm pace, enjoying the aroma and the sensory feeling of it.
I still am bickering with my suitcase over what is not NEEDED. But I like the soft brown shirt, oh that skirt doesn't travel well, blah blah blah. So eventually I just decided to wear the soft brown shirt on the plane. And a change of clothes, wash cloth, I must say I am SO GLAD I saw J.R. Liggett's bar shampoo,it will save a lot of room!
Things Thou Shalt Not Forget On The Plane
-warm socks
-wool seater and warm scarf
-your own washcloth
-your own water container
-travel pillow
-lavender oil
-EARPLUGS
-tea
-if possible, your own dinner in plastic containers, mine shall be lentils, quinoa, arugula, Amy's vegan burger, and a snack of wheat free fig bars with peanut butter
-vitamins, so you don't forget them for a day
-change of clothes (that should be a given,but most people are oblivious to how much they stink after 14 hours of travel)
-chapstick (not the brand, I prefer Weleda)
-MOST IMPORTANT IS A CALM MIND AND STABLE ENERGY,THAT DETERMINES YOUR WHOLE JOURNEY

No comments: