Friday, June 4, 2010

Friends


Today I reunited with my good friend Grass, one I know from high school. After hours in her company, I realized HOW much alike we are yet again: spacing off all the time, we need to be practically screamed at to pay attention at times.
We met at Down to Earth,she was late, I was originally mad but got lunch while I waited: a hummus wrap (which sucked, my mom's is ACTUAL hummus) and a spaghetti broccoli salad. I have to dump all the sprouts out of the wrap as they kept getting stuck. So I chewed, munched, burped, giggled, and read the I Ching while I waited for my Sassy Lassy to appear.
And appear she did, in her full pale lunar glory. I noticed right away she was wearing some kind of torture device on her feet. She complained about her little feet, and we set off to get her some tea tree oil. We sampled delicious incense and scents but decided not to get any.
Then we walked to Ono Pono, where I accidentally scared my Hare Krsna friends by mentioning I communed with fairies and ancestors. Some people are very close minded.
We tired of the grass (no not you,dear)and went up to the Japanese Garden, and flopped down on my pareo in the shade. Grassy wrote postcards, I recanted hilarious episodes and tried not to fall asleep. It was determined that we move to the pavilion due to large red ants which tickled me.
Once at the pavilion, we laughed and discussed even more. The afternoon is actually a kind of vague haze, as it usually as, as we mostly walk,talk,laugh and sing like buzzed birds. We meandered back to Down to Earth as yours truly had a vegan carrot cake craving, and then to get the Grassy some appropriate footwear at Ross.
It is always exciting being at Ross, in particular the one by Ala Moana. I am often the only white and tall person there, and always the one making jokes and laughing hysterically. I modeled a disgusting lavender base ball hat with spikes on it, and Grass found her ideal walking wear: a pair of nylon ballerina house shoes. She looked like Peter Pan,foot wise, when she put them on.
Grass also informed me of many confidential, titillating things, which I swore on my green eyes and full heart not to tell.
But a picture is a thousand words.
Thank you Grass, you wonderful,spacey,funny,cute,smart,flitting effervescence of a lady.

1 comment:

grass ahn said...

my dear grannycatlady, i'm glad i had YOU in full glory to break me out of my hermitage. cheers to a friendship of dentures, girdles, and canes!