Saturday, June 5, 2010

Adolescent Highjinks


Yesterday, in my Grass frenzy I wanted to tell her something but I forgot, so I am writing about it instead.
My sister and I were quite CRAZY growing up. One incident which I never will forget is the Blue Footed Booby. One time we were watching a nature show which starred...you guessed it, the glorious Blue Footed Booby. The name alone is something to make the most uptight nun uncomfortable and red in the face (my experience). Anyway, my sister went out on the street, doing the Booby dance, and saying in a loud, high pitched faux British accent, "The Blue Footed Booby does it's famous mating dance to attract the opposite sex." (or something along those lines.)
But you have to know my sister to laugh even more about it. She is all legs and awkward, moving in alternation between quick and slow, so if you can imagine gangly limbs and knees scuttling on the street and knocking together, it's even more hilarious.
In my lascivious afternoon with Grass, I am positive I did some kind of weird dance at some point. In fact, I am sure it was with large, ugly sun hats on in Ross....too bad Grass's camera ran out of juice and she doesn't have photographic evidence...YET.

1 comment:

grass ahn said...

puahaha--- !!! i need to follow your blog more regularly. too. funny. i think we need to make up a dance to go along with our song.