Friday, July 4, 2008

Welcome !

Yay! My first entry....on the auspicious date of the 4th of July.It's been really humid here, but it's not too bad today.Am not looking forward to the smoke and noise of fireworks though.It can get like a war zone! I think there ought to be law that doesn't allow purchasing fireworks as late as 8 pm here! It should be 4 pm the previous day.But I guess people are happy with respiratory infections and other hazards of smoke...
on to more concrete matters! I'm reading a huge book on Nelson Mandela, now I want to read his autobiography.Apartheid really is a term my generation seems to be in denial of.A shame.
I guess I should explain more about the name of the blog:Viva la Macka! Well, everyone knows what Viva means (with) and Macka means cat in Croatian ( I am half Croatian).I have three cats, so that was an easy decision.More or less, cats move gracefully, switfly and often hilariously through life.Something most humans do not, in general.
Well I can't think of any more titillating things to say.Just hope all have a nice and safe day.

No comments: