Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Humidity getting the best of me

Well, it has been really really humid here! Yesterday was the worst so far.I was trying to do some writing and I kept getting lolled to sleep as it was so hot. I didn't smell terribly good,either.I've been reading The Water Beetle, which is a collection of journalism and reviews by Nancy Mitford.Doubt you've heard of her.But she has the style which I think is most similar to mine: acerbic, sarcastic, all the while being sweet and timeless.
Two nights ago was the annual Swarm of the Cockaroaches.Once a year, in the summer, usually on the hottest night, around 10 pm the cockaroaches start to swarm outside, trying to get inside where all the light is.As there are no able males in the house now, my mom and I have to scurry and kill by ourselves.If you think this is funny, why don't you come deal with it.These roaches get to be huge, as long as your hand at times.I had a sleepless night, due to the fear the one of those charmers would alight on my shoulder like last year.
The only relief from the humidity has been a good swim in the ocean.And bicycle riding in the evening, it's so nice to have a breeze when going down streets.

No comments: