Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cherry Cough Syrup Musings

Well here I am sick again,first time this year. Torrents of vog from the island of Hawai’i and being blown in, my throat is killing me,my Carl Sagan book makes me nod off…and I think I’ve had too much cherry cough syrup.Why is there alcohol in that stuff? One thing that people often miss or neglect when they are sick is sunlight..I was just sitting in the sun, it was nice..however I had to put on citronella as it is mosquito season. Being sick,as well as having been only awake an hour,I managed to drowsily squirt citronella right in my eye.I think most of it got on my eyelid luckily.

I wanted to make pesto today,so in my feverish stupor I got out the miso,olive oil,macadamia nuts…but no pesto! too bad! I roasted the nuts anyway and ate them while taking a nice hot bath.Yes,sickness does indulge you to do unusual things.

The WORST part of being sick is that Arun Gandhi,grandson of Mohandas, is here giving several talks each day!!! I’m too ill to make it..and I JUST saw “Gandhi” last weekend,so what better person to appreciate than me?

Oh woe is me! just joking! at least it isn’t fatal…I think.

Back to my sunny patch of grass.

No comments: